Thursday, July 25, 2013

Stage My Home: Straighten Up {Week 3}

In Week 1 of Stage My Home we talked about cleaning up, but unfortunately some home owners also need a lesson in straightening up. I can't say it enough- that MLS picture you are posting online matters! As the market is heating up, staging your home is more important than ever. The real estate schools in Charleston are completely booked through the end of July already. Unfortunately, they apparently don't give the realtors many lessons in good home staging and picture taking. Shame.


This post is particularly painful for me since I did something weird to my neck in Pilates last night. Particularly painful post post-Pilates pain. Say that 5 times fast. I dare you.

Oh yeah, back to today's lesson- try not to strain yourself with this one...

via Charleston MLS- Asking $265K
There are only 3 possible explanations for this-

1. They're too lazy to hit the rotate button.
2. They don't care enough to learn how. OR
3. They have some serious grounds for a lawsuit against that builder!

I can't believe I just had to say that. Tragic. These homeowners aren't alone in this though. I saw WAY TOO many MLS listings with this same pain-in-the-neck type of photo. Dear Seller, I want to think of your home as my dream home retreat (or at least potentially), not as a pain in the neck. That makes sense, right?

Okay, now on to the beauty. Although I think I might be spoiling y'all with the Coastal Living Showhouse Tour that is also going on!

376 Ralston Creek


That staircase is gorgeous! Oh and that pool! aahhh. Yet another $5M Charleston real estate beauty. And none of the pictures caused me neck pain. Winner!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the most hilarious MLS photo ever last year....not only were there boxes and clutter everywhere, but there was a real live PERSON IN THE BED, completely covered with blankets, in the master bedroom. I actually saved the picture because it was so hilarious. But I hear you about bad MLS pictures - some of the worst offenders in my book are weird stretched photos (because they don't know how to resize photos) and open toilets. When we sold our townhouse earlier this year, I was completely OCD about making sure EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL. was immaculate. Which was VERY hard with a crazy 2 year old. But I did it nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post!! I'm looking to buy a house right now and I just can't even BELIEVE it when people won't clean the clutter off their countertops for a picture! It's insane! And the photo rotating, don't even get me started! This is 2013, if you can't figure out how to post decent pictures for one of the biggest sales you'll ever make, then find someone you know who can! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)