Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Coastal Living 2013 Showhouse- Living room

It's back! You've been so patient waiting for the rest of the Coastal Living 2013 Showhouse tour! All eyes are on the living room today. It was gorgeous! I want you to keep in mind two things: 1. Besides the bold colors, what stands out as the most different to you about this living room? 2. Does this make you think of any designer in particular? (thinking a well-known HGTV one) And yes, I deeply wish that "living room" was just one word! gah that's so annoying.



I love that there is bronze, silver, and gold in the room. As someone who frequently mixes metals just because I feel like it, I appreciate the affirmation. :)


Anyone else considering painting their living room completely white now? Oh so gorgeous! And those kids' seats under each window- Adorable!!!



I'm in love with a couch. This fits perfectly with my plan to decorate my house like Good Luck Charlie.



I LOVED those framed maps! So simple and yet the simplicity is what draws the eye to them amongst all those bright colors. I've been thinking of adding maps somewhere in our home and now it's a definite!


Okay, I turned into chatty cathy for this post. :) I just love every bit of this room so much! This last picture brings me to- Did you notice what's so different? The fun part is that it's the lack of noticing that made me notice the difference. lol Go with me here...


Notice that there is a fireplace? Yet, no big mantel, huge mantel decorations, extravagant things around the fireplace. In fact, they placed 2 giant poufs right in front, as if to say the fireplace isn't even there! Yes, that painting on the mantel is beautiful and surely caught your eye, but did you really even notice the fireplace? I feel like most homes place such importance on the hearth as the center of the decor. Many even flag the fireplace with a giant flatscreen (oh the horror!- I'm not judging, I just can't stomach it in my own home). I love that they placed the importance on seating- and lots of it.

Okay, so what was your favorite part from today??? Mine is a toss up between that amazing couch and those maps. Tomorrow we move into the kitchen and dining area!

Oh yeah! And that second question- Remind you of any designer? I couldn't stop thinking about Emily Henderson! In a totally platonic, I love your designs skilz, can I be your BFF way.


1 comment:

  1. I MUST HAVE THOSE POUFS!!! We visited the house on Saturday and that was my favorite thing. They would go perfectly in my house!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)