Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Livingroom- Progress! {Home Tour}

A little over a year ago we bought our beautiful home... that was painted in dark colors from ceiling to floor. We decided we were worthy of the challenge. We were kind of wrong. BUT! We are trying. Painting sucks y'all! How about a little before and middle picture to make me feel better...


Well, it's still the little furniture from our little apartment so I know their sectional makes it seem bigger before but it really is so much bigger feeling now. And it should be- 12 foot ceilings! A blessing and a curse. So what do we need to get moving on this year...


You heard me say it! We need to do all of that. So now I'm accountable for it. :)
We have 2 sectionals in mind- 1 is this Ikea sectional, the other was saved as a bookmark on my old work pc and now I don't remember it. But I loved it. Gah! Should have pinned it.
 
Paint: Walls- Sherwin Williams _____
Trim: Sherwin Williams High Gloss White (as in straight out of the can!)


First project up is to clean out J's toys. They're just getting too messy over there and he only plays with half of them. I'm sure you moms know what I mean! I love having that corner for him though. He's a team player kind of kiddo. He won't play unless we are there so the central location makes it easy for us to read, cook, clean, etc. while he is entertained.

1 comment:

  1. We recently bought a sectional and the ikea one was on our list! Here was my post on it: http://www.brightgreendoor.com/2013/05/making-sectional-switch.html

    Your room is stunning, those windows are gorgeous and it looks like you have beautiful views too! I'm your newest follower!
    -Jess
    www.BrightGreenDoor.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)