Saturday, July 27, 2013

Coastal Living 2013 Showhouse- Master Bedroom + Laundry Room

The Master Bedroom is a very tricky room (in my opinion). On one hand you may want it to have it's own style, very different from the rest of the house, but on the other hand it still needs to be able to flow together all right. The Coastal Living 2013 Showhouse has a master bedroom that I would definitely love to call home! Complete with a giant bathroom and a back deck escape.







What would your husband have to say about those pink chairs in the bedroom? :) I love them, but I'm pretty sure they would get an eyebrow raise or two out of Kent. lol Oh well, he could always just relax in this bathtub and get over it...


Check out my Instagram feed for a video of the bathroom. My photography skills aren't quite good enough to capture the enormous closetS, but wow were they awesome!

On the opposite side is the entrance exit to the back porch. Swoon with me.



The porch goes across the back of the house with doors leading in/out from the hallway and one of the other bedrooms.  I'm saving the other bedrooms for tomorrow, but here is the stunning hallway... Can you imagine reading a book here while the breeze blows over you?



The pink benches are quite genius really. The hallway was a perfect place for a blank canvas, to start all over with colors and get away from the ones that overtook downstairs (blue, green, yellow, coral). By placing these stunning benches in the hallway, the bright pink seating in the master bedroom seemed less shocking when walking through.

I'm not sure how much use the benches would get, but this area was a favorite for visitors. Everyone wanted to stop and have a seat to admire the rooms from the hall. And that plank siding- EXACTLY what I've been dreaming of doing to one wall in our bedroom.

Since tomorrow's post is going to be jam packed with two bedrooms, I'm going to share the laundry room here. If you're standing on the porch, looking straight into this hallway/sitting area, the stairs to the third floor and door to the laundry room are right in front of you...


Hello beautiful storage! EVERYone was opening the cabinets in the stairs. Some were drawers and some were just big, open spaces. A certain other blogger (ahem, Lianne) may have stepped inside one of them. :)


Whew! Are you on picture overload yet? I hope not! We still have 2 more posts to go- Bedrooms and the Studio Apartment are up next Friday and Saturday!



As always, I'd love to know what your favorite part was! I think I'm going with the porch this time- it had the most amazing breeze up there, even in the dead of summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)