Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Narrow Farmhouse Table




We built our first piece of furniture! I love it! We haven't painted the table yet or the chairs to match and actually it's no longer even in this room (I'll show you what we moved around later), but I love passing by the table and feeling that sense of pride from having built it ourselves. :) We used the Ana White Narrow Farmhouse Table plan. I don't remember making any changes to the plans, but ours seems way bigger than the one on the tutorial. I love it anyways!

What color should we paint it? I'm leaning towards white because I LOVE white, but it could be fun to have a bright color!


Haha! Those mismatched chairs are so bad! I bought 4, but the scaffolding split 1 in half and the 2 cloth ones are from Pier 1 and going up for sale on Craigslist very soon!


Wow! I'm so glad our walls aren't that green anymore. The original bright red was worst, but something about the green just never sat right with me. It is currently white on bottom and a slight off-white on top (this last picture). Work in progress!

Have you ever built anything from Ana White's site? I think it's amazing what all she puts out there for free!

2 comments:

  1. I love stuff like this. I love the cross thing on the wall. I think you should stain it or whatever and make it look antique. I love antiques but then again it runs in my family. My mom has lots of antiques in the house. She has a china cabinet, an ice box, and several other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is that big ol' table? I love it! I like white, too. I'm starting to incorporate a lot of white in our house. And I love the mismatched chairs! Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)