Thursday, June 20, 2013

Charleston Fashion Week 2013


Inspired by my almost-but-didn't-quite-happen-thank-you-downpoor chance to meet Ayoka Lucas Wednesday night, I finally got around to editing all of my Charleston Fashion Week 2013 pictures. Granted these are all out of my old phone so the quality is low, but just dim the lights wherever you are, squint a little, and maybe add some dance music and a strobe light- See, perfect!


This was my first time attending the Charleston Fashion Week and although I would never describe myself as fashionable (I try, but I don't fair well), it was SO MUCH fun! New life goal: Never miss another Fashion Week.

I attended Tuesday and Wednesday nights and came VERY close to buying a ticket for the rest of the week. Oh so tempting. Next year!

(Note: Pictures are not in any order and some designers are not shown.)


Pre-Show:

We arrived early so we had lots of time to tour the Belk Tent, take pictures, and then walk across King Street to the Francis Marion Hotel for champagne and an appetizer. This made the evening so much more relaxing because then all we had to do was get back in time for some Confessional fun and go to our seats!

Dorothy Perkins, black peplum dress


Tuesday:

Bits of Lace Fine Lingerie / Bob Ellis Shoes / Croghan's Jewel Box

Sabrina Spanta / Victoria Cid / Jazslyn McNeil / Callie Nichol / Katherine Barron / Hannah Goff


Special Guest Judges. It's hard to point each person out, but you can find them here.

Yes, there was a lingerie show in the Holy City. :) I actually really liked it. The models were not stick thin, they were in shape and had boobs and butts. They were the type of fit girls you can look up to as real health inspiration, not thinspiration. I even saw some leg jiggle.


Wednesday:

JLINSNIDER / Ike Behar / Serena da Conceição / Lulu Long / Hyemin Cho / Clarissa Arocena and Bryan Datinguinoo / Cassidy Elizabeth-Mae Brown / neve / hawk


Yep, that's all I took Wednesday night! BUT they were my favorite designers! I LOVED Wednesday night. Cassidy Elizabeth-Mae Brown blew my mind and everyone stood to clap for her. Her dresses were so beautiful.

Intermission/Pre and Post-Show:

Style Lounge: Music, shopping, and drinks!




BONUS! I didn't take many pictures Wednesday night, but I did take video! I almost feel like I'm there again. :)




 
 
See you there next year! Only 9 more months...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)