Thursday, August 1, 2013

Stage My Home: Wrong Angle {Week Four}

I'm blogging from Nashville, TN this week! I'm here with my PDI ladies that I wrote about on Monday. I'm getting a lot of use out of my boots this week. Man, I love those boots. Since I'm in Nashville, I thought it only right to show you a gorgeous Nashville mansion after I get done tearing a new one in this week's Stage My Home MLS tragedy. This week's pictures were taken by the family pet. Or at least that's my best guess.


I thought this particular listing was so silly that it even made it to that ^ header picture for all to see every week. Dear Homeowner, I want to imagine that I am walking through your house, not crawling through it.

via
Here's the thing- I really, truly do understand what these homeowners are trying to do here. Their house is almost completely clean for the pictures and they only do this "kneel to take a picture" thing in a few of the rooms- that dining area, this kitchen, and a bathroom. What do these rooms have in common? They are all areas that people want to look bigger. Just one problem though- Sitting on the floor to take a picture does not make a room bigger. It just makes your pictures look ridiculous.

If you want to show off the fancy lights- take a separate picture of just them. If you want to make the room look bigger, clean it out, bring in some light, and step back as far as possible to take the picture.

No. Walk through your house like normal to take the pictures. :)

Now on to a gorgeous Nashville mansion...




If you look through the pictures, you'll see that even a $2.6M house can fall victim to the bad instinct to crawl into a room, although not nearly as awkward

Have you entered to win the Nashville earrings yet??? Get on it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)