Friday, August 2, 2013

Coastal Living 2013 Showhouse- Pre-teen/Teen Bedrooms

Did the wait almost kill you? Wait no more! We're on the second to last post of the Coastal Living 2013 Showhouse and this one's sure to give you tons of ideas for your kids' rooms! The 2 spare bedrooms were designed for what I would consider a pre-teen girl look and a teen boy look.



We'll start with the girl's room- it's right across the hall from the master bedroom and also has access to the balcony. And of course, princess needs her own full bathroom, complete with a shower curtain to match the wallpaper. :) (No picture, but it really did make the bathroom nice)







Lianne especially liked this room since she has a little girl. I was more in love with the boy room, which was down the hall, next to the laundry room...


Although I'm not a fan of that headboard, all of the other details were perfection. I literally just sat and stared at the dresser with the photograph and all for a minute. Something about it just made me want to be Mary Poppins and stow it all in my purse.





And I love that painting. LOVE that painting. ah it makes me smile just looking at the picture of the painting. Yes, I'm that kind of art lover. :)

So which room speaks to you more? Have you noticed that they use simple sizzle rugs in each room? I love that the floors are so understated. Trying to find "the perfect" rug can be such a waste of time when we should be focusing on the more important and larger pieces, like chairs and great art.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)