Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bloggy Recap!

Wow- 2 months. Time has gone slow and fast all in one. Summer was amazing. Just pure fun, happiness, and progress with our foster-care/adoption process. September-now have been slower, difficult, life-changing, and torturous with the adoption process. Just a different season, you know? But I'm bursting with ideas and things to share and I really do miss posting. I still take pictures every week with the idea of blogging! So here I am. Thank you for sticking around. Now let's get back to business... :)

Here's a little recap of what's been going on so far this year because it really has been awesome.

I started on my weight loss journey...


After being laid off the 3rd time in May, I completely got off my Shaklee 180. I was a mess. Finally in August, I started back again and it felt great! The difference between the first 2 pictures is 8lbs. The first and third picture is a difference of 11-12lbs. Amazing what 10lbs. can do! I plan on taking another one in the same black tank-top, etc. soon. The third one was random when we were in Nashville and I was feeling bloated and down. Shaklee 180 has been monumental in my life. I feel empowered and knowledgeable about food and fitness for the first time in my life. It's easy to look at it and think it's just a shake diet, but it really is SO much more. More on that later. :)


If you are new here or it's been so long that you've forgoten why you love me- Start with these... This summer began the Coastal Living Showhouse Tour which was amazing and I can't wait to find a new home in Charleston to take you on a tour with me! See all of those posts here.

The show house tour opened up my passion for design and I began my Stage My Home series. I've been thinking about this one a lot lately since I received a pretty negative comment stating that I was being mean and picking on people. To that commenter- get over it. Blogs are here to inform and help, I don't mean anything in malice and I try to make it light-hearted, but sometimes the truth hurts! Even if you aren't selling your house anytime soon, check these out- I feature an amazing Charleston home for sale at the end of each post! ooh and ahhh.

Along the way I've also been sharing my love for organic, non-toxic cleaners... check out this awesomeness- Organic Car Cleaner and Non-Toxic Pressure Washing. Not sure why I love Shaklee so much? Here are 5 Reasons You Should Love Shaklee. :)

Enough business- time to open up to you a little bit! ;)

1. Beginning of our home tour- Living room Progress

2. A heart-to-heart- I was shocked and elated by the amazing, positive feedback I received for this post. Y'all are so awesome. You Can't Airbrush Self-Love.

3. My Story: Becoming a professional blogger, How I monetized my blog, Finding my blogging Family, Our Foster-Care Story.


Other gems you might love- Charleston Fashion Week 2013, 4 Lessons from 241yo Modern Design, HGTV Dream Home 2013, Charleston food reviews.

And if you read nothing else, I would have to at least recommend this ridiculous story. This post has brought my blog more traffic than any other. Family, friends, and total strangers have laughed along with us, as I recap the most awkward situation I could never had made up.... Charleston to Bahamas Carnival Cruise.

Well, that isn't everything so far, but it's plenty to get you started!!! Now time for me to get started on some new posts. :) Talk to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments really are the fuel bloggers run on. You are awesome. :)